Friday, May 11, 2007

SATs Week

Well, after all of the revision and preparation that has gone on for what seems like forever, the chance to show off has finally arrived.

I promise that I will try to keep this blog short this week, (ooh that'll be difficult!) so that you can spend some time relaxing in-between the tests. If you really can't resist the urge to do a bit of surfing, then either use previous week's blog entries, or have a look through some of the 'fun stuff' on
http://del.icio.us/amworrall

Here's a quick reminder of the things you should bring with you on Monday morning:

  • yourself (not an impersonator!)
  • your pencils, pens, maths equipment, rubber and pencil sharpener
  • a water bottle (with a sports cap)
  • a SMALL good luck charm (not the biggest teddy in your collection!)

Remember you need to arrive in school in PLENTY OF TIME - set your alarm a few minutes earlier, so that you are up and awake before having a hearty breakfast. This is not the week for grabbing a piece of toast on the way out through the door - make time to eat properly!

The Year 6's have to follow a set timetable, which should have gone home on Friday. Just in case that piece of paper has shuffled off to where all letters in Year 6's bags go, here's a reminder of what tests you will be doing on which day...

MONDAY

  • Science Test A and Test B

TUESDAY

  • Writing (short and long papers) and the Spelling Test

WEDNESDAY

  • Reading Test

THURSDAY

  • Maths Test A and Mental Maths Test

FRIDAY

  • Maths Test B (calculator paper)

The Year 5's will also be following this timetable as far as possible, to allow for staff to supervise tests for both year groups.

Because of all of the tests this week, there will be NO HOMEWORK for either Year 5 or Year 6 (is that a cheer I can hear??!!)

Final thought...

I came across this piece of writing, called Perspective, which does kind of make sense of what we have all been working towards over the past few months. It does have a 'hidden message', so you may need to read it a few times for it to make sense. Try showing it to your parents too!

Perspective by Katherine Kehler

“Jesus replied, ‘The Scriptures say, ‘You must worship the Lord your God; serve only him’’” (Luke 4:8)


I had spent much of the week cleaning. It was very hot. We were having a group of people over for a barbecue. Because of the heat, it seemed better to serve the food in the garage rather than on the hot sundeck. So I washed the walls, washed the floor and painted it.


It did look a lot better – clean and pleasant and cool. But it took a lot more time than I expected. Just to take everything out of the garage, sort it all and put it back was a mammoth job.


On Saturday, as I was sweeping the sundeck and pavements, I began to wonder if all the work was worth the few hours they would be here. These thoughts came to me:


“Whatever you do, do it as unto me” and “Whatever you have done unto the least of these, my brethren, you have done it unto me.”


So I decided to focus on the fact that Christ was my guest that night. For some reason, I was suddenly motivated to set the tables more carefully and make sure the table centerpieces looked prettier. When the guests arrived, I greeted them with much more enthusiasm.


Perspective! Christ was at the barbecue that night – in the lives of each one of the people who came.


Lord Jesus, You came to serve and not to be served. And we are to have the exact same attitude. Sometimes I forget. I get tired of serving and I become self-centered. Forgive me, Lord. Burn into my heart and mind the realisation that I am serving You, no matter what the job is or who the people are. Amen.

Wishing you all the very best of luck for this week - you will be fantastic!!

5/6 team.

2 comments:

Mrs Narraway's site said...

Hi to all the year 6. Mrs Narraway here. Wishing you the very best of luck for the coming week. I know you can do it!!! Make us even more proud of you.

Mrs Worrall said...

Thank you for thinking of all of us. We know that everyone will work their socks off this week and achieve the results they deserve! x